GA4 e-commerce datalayer

Hello,

So we have a client that uses the GA4 datalayer template, but they’ll be switching to Piwik PRO soon. Do we have to do a particular setup in Piwik PRO to make the datalayer compatible with the newest Piwik PRO e-commerce reports?

They’ll also switch from GTM to PTM, in case that matters.

Thank you!

Hi Thomas,

We are currently working on solution templates and documentation for UA/GA3 and then we plan to take care of GA4. Additionally, there are plans to develop template tags to make whole implementation much easier

Thank you Adam!

Does that mean that, if I activate the Piwik PRO e-commerce reports and simply use the GA4 data layer as it is, no data will show up in the reports?

As I understand it, a custom setup in the tag manager would be necessary to make this all work. If so, how could I achieve it right now? Any hint without having to wait for the templates?

However, great to hear that templates and documentation are coming for this. :slight_smile: Any ETA?

Thank you

Hi Thomas,

Unfortunately, just enabling e-commerce reports is not enough to track interactions related to it. To achieve this, the use of specific functions that allow tracking specifically for e-commerce is required. I am sending a link that describes these functions:

Regarding the templates, we are in the final stages of checking and testing them. They should appear at the beginning of next week.

1 Like

Hi Thomas,

Good news, we’ve just released solution templates for our new ecommerce methods related to GA3 setups, here is the link:

1 Like

Hello Adam,

Great :slight_smile:

I’ll wait for the GA4 templates! Any chance to get notified when it is available? Also, do you have any ETA?

Thank you again

Hi Thomas,

The works around GA4 templates are in progress and should be ready soon. As soon as they are ready I will notify you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello Adam,

Do you have an estimation for the release date of the GA4 e-commerce templates? Sorry to ask again, but I now have to plan the Piwik PRO migration for a client, and the use of their GA4 data layer is a key point.

Thank you!

Hi. Tag templates are planed to be released this summer, but I can’t give you an exact timing. The biggest problem here is the fact that there are multiple standards that we need to support: UA, GA4, gtag, etc. So if the migration is planned in the coming weeks, it would be safer to go with previously linked solution templates.