How can I set up a mousedown Event Listener or anything that is not one of the selectable browser events?

I know how to write a custom Event Listener via JS, but I just want to make sure that I don’t miss anything in PP TM. The “Click” Trigger seems to trigger only on left-clicks (that’s fine and expected). But what if I need a “mousedown” trigger to also capture right-clicks, or any other Browser Event for that sake? Is there any way that is not Custom JS to cover that?

Hi @loldenburg,

I don’t think there’s a way to do this with the built-in triggers. A custom event listener would be the way to go. I’ll file a feature request for this but I believe that it might be a bit difficult to implement custom event listeners that would be “universal”.

Thanks, but why would that be so difficult? Normal browser Events API. A field where users can typ in the name of the event they want to listen to, and then provide the event.detail payload as a JS object to work with in the TMS. Example from Adobe Launch:

Don’t take me wrong here, I’m not saying it’s not possible. As different events will have different event properties (e.g. mousedown vs keydown) it might be a bit difficult to work with them only in UI without diving into code usage. Depending on how far we go, it might be problematic for non-technical users.

No worries, I will file a feature request as I’d also find this useful. Figuring this out comes at a later stage.

BTW it’s just me think out loud - not an official statement.

All ok, I would at least support custom events and the event.detail payload
that you can send along with those.

1 Like