Looker Studio Event ID / Session ID issue

Hello everyone, whenever I use the “Session ID” or “Event ID” fields in Looker Studio reports, it results in an error . Other ID fields, such as “Visitors ID,” can be used in reports without any issues. Does anyone have an idea or a proposed solution? Thank you in advance.

Hi @mawe! Are you using the newest version, i.e. 1.2.0? You can find it here, along with an instruction on how to update it (we’re now working on improving this flow, but for now it must be done manually).

If you are already using the most recent version but you’re still experiencing issues with Session ID and Event ID, please let me know and we’ll look into this immediately.

Thanks a lot!

Hi Emilia, I am using the newest version. Just try to create a table-report including the field Session ID and you got an error.

Looking forward to your reply, thanks

Hi @mawe! I must start from apologising that I went straight to asking you to update to the newest version. What I discovered now is that it’s not a bug and we don’t provide the Session ID and Event ID for a reason - they are simply not available in the Query API which we use in the connector to fetch the data. In the next version, we’ll hide those dimensions in the selector so that they wouldn’t cause confusion. Those dimensions are only available when we look at raw data. The connector currently doesn’t provide a way to import the raw data for sessions and events, we’re only fetching the aggregated reports data.

Do you have some specific business use case which could explain why we should provide the ability to fetch raw analytics data in the connector? I could consider this.

For now, as a workaround, you can always import a CSV with previously exported raw data from PPAS. But without knowing your use case and the frequency of such imports, it’s hard for me to assess the feasibility of such solution.

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to ask :slight_smile: