Piwik Platofrm - Stopping Auto-log out

The Piwik analytics platform logs out after 15-30 minutes of inactivity, meaning every time I come back I have to log back in and reports all set back to previous defaults.

Is there a way to stop this? I virtually never had to log into Google Analytics - it was always logged in automatically. It makes using the platform a nuisance.

8 Likes

With you on this one, version pre-18 would allow for much smoother work thanks to not-logging-out-constantly :slight_smile: :frowning:

Hi @drobinsonIP
I need to ask you for a bit more patience.
We are preparing yet another feature that will allow you to change the idle time which currently is set to 30 minutes.
I will let you know when it’s available.
Tymek

2 Likes

I agree that this is quite a big inconvenience. Especially since the user is redirected and is not allowed to keep a previous view/report open.
E.g. user flow reports can take a long time to build, and it is a disturbance to not be able to have these reports open and accessible in the background (for example for presentations during a meeting or something).

@dav @gonerator @drobinsonIP
I got a news for you, now you can extend the session inactivity time for your Piwik PRO Core account.
You need to go to Administration - Account - Account settings and change the value for Session inactivity timeout. The default value is set to 30 minutes, you can extend it up to 8 hours.
@gonerator for our Enterprise clients the change will be rolled out the next days.
Tymek

3 Likes

You’re the best @TymekGF thanks for letting us now :slight_smile: and for providing this feature! I already changed it on my own instance and I’m going to let the customers know about it as well :slight_smile: