Considerations before setting up Consent Manager

Consent Manager is enabled by default. You can review the Piwik PRO Core default settings.

When setting up a consent manager consider the following:

Do I need to collect consent from visitors to my website?
If you are an EU/EEA/UK-based company, or a company where similar privacy laws were introduced (e.g. Brazil & LGDP), OR if you are offering your products or services to the citizens of EU/EEA/UK you need to be in compliance with GDPR and you should implement a consent manager.

Check out article how to turn off the Consent Manager.

If you are not required collect a consent, you may want to consider implementing an opt-out.

Should I collect consent from everyone, or only from EU/EEA/UK-based visitors?
If you are EU/EEA/UK-based company, it does not matter where your website visitors are located. In case you are e.g. US-based company, you may consider collecting only consent from EU/EEA/UK-based visitors.

Piwik PRO Core default setting is to collect consent from everyone. You can change it in the settings.

Should I collect analytics only for visitors who gave a consent (opted-in)?
If you implement a consent manager, you can choose from the following analytics tracking modes:

• Opt-in only tracking - analytics data will be collected only for visitors who gave a consent
  • Anonymous data tracking (default) - analytics data will be collected for everyone, session-level data will be tracked for everyone, while visitor-level data and other personal data will be collected only for visitors who gave a consent
  • Zero-identity tracking - analytics data will be collected for everyone, only event-level data will be collected (no sessions/visitors-level data which will make some reports less useful - e.g. reports like funnels, user flow or metrics like avg. time on page won’t work)

Read more about analytics tracking modes.