Custom dimensions

Hello,
I’m having a problem with custom dimensions right now. I’ve noticed that despite having the same URL and taking place on the same day (or even in the same hour), the custom dimensions are set correctly 90% of the time. Sessions are still occasionally recorded without the corresponding custom dimensions, though.

Please advise me of circumstances when custom dimensions might not be specified so that I can look into this matter further. Additionally, if there is any specific information or data that would be useful for resolving this issue, kindly let me know.

I appreciate you giving this issue your attention. I eagerly anticipate your speedy reply.

Hi,

did you implement those dimensions recently? Because local browser cache from returning visitors could explain missing data in that case. If so, the problem should decline and finally vanish.

best,
Markus

HI,
We started using these dimensions over a year ago. I’ve included a screenshot that demonstrates the issue. You can see that while we have 76 visits with correct data (same URL and day), there are 27 cases where no custom dimension is available or any event (except “Page view”).
I can email you the URL in a private chat if you need.

Hi,

would be a real surprise if I would be able to recreate the problem if it works for most visitors… Can you find any other hints like a specific browser where the dimensions are missing? Maybe the source of this information might be the cause (JavaScript errors for example) if they are not populated by dataLayer variables(?) Just guessing because I have nothing else to offer… Sorry.

best,
Markus

Hi,
Could you please provide me with a URL to the website that you are referring to? You can leave it here under the thread or send it to me via private message.