Custom Event Value on Youtube Video Tracking

Hi,

We set up our Youtube Video Tracking Tag in Piwik Pro Tag Manager a few days ago and have now been looking at the data. One thing we noticed is the Event Value in the Custom Events Report for the Youtube Video Tracking. What does the value stand for exactly? How is it calculated? And Is it possible to disable the Event Values for the Youtube Video Tracking?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Dataguy,
The value is the number of seconds passed counting from the start of the video. It’s used in some of the core reports. You cannot disable it.

Thanks,
Piotr

1 Like

Thanks @pslonina for the fast reply!

Hi @pslonina I was surprised by this event value, especially that we have no way of not sending it like we do for other tags.

Are you sure this counts the number of seconds from the start of the video? I ask because I am seeing some strange numbers, e.g. I have a video that is 48 seconds long, and the Progress - 10% event for that video shows me, for a given date period:

• Custom event = 1
  • Sum of custom event value = 13

Shouldn’t the sum of custom event value be 10% of 48 seconds for this single hit and this particular video?

Replying to myself here, I suppose this can happen if the user skipped to second 13 soon after starting to play the video.