Issue with Cookiebot integration in Piwik Pro

Hi :slightly_smiling_face:

We have some issues with the integration of Cookiebot in Piwik Pro that I will mention furthur down. This is our current setup:

After following the guide with applying the required code in the source code, turning on Piwik Pro Consent Manager, and choosing to use a custom consent form, our tags in Piwik Pro Tag Manager stops working.

Our Consent setting under Privacy on the site in Piwik Pro:

Many of our tags have the Consent Type “Analytics” and still not working after the integration.

In the Tracking Debugger we only getting Page Views and Custom Scroll-events

If I change the Consent Type on tags to " No consent is required" they work just fine.

What could be the issue? How can we debug this and find the problem to fix? Seems like Piwik Pro is not getting consent through cookiebot.

Also, I’m worried about the part in the guide where it says:
Capture1

Is it mandatory for this integration to work, that Piwik Pro Tracking Code needs to be applied on the whole site for all pages?

@Dataguy we’ll review what could be wrong with the setup.

In the meantime, good news - in the coming weeks we’ll be looking to replace this solution with a dedicated integration with Cookiebot, so that should make everything easier.

Our plans for release are before the end of the year.

1 Like

Hi @Dataguy,
In a nutshell - it seems that the consent decisions made via the Cookiebot banner are not being mapped successfully to Piwik PRO Consent Manager. I think that waiting for the official release is the most time-efficient approach right now.

Is it mandatory for this integration to work, that Piwik Pro Tracking Code needs to be applied on the whole site for all pages?

The consent decission mapping requires our Tag Manager to be available on a page - therefore - it won’t work on pages without the TM. On the other hand - we won’t be executing any tags on pages without the TM either.

Thanks,
Piotr

1 Like

Hi @Piotrek,

Do you have any news/ETA surrounding your solution with a dedicated integration with Cookiebot? :slight_smile:

@Dataguy I actually do have some news, we just released it together with an article that describes how to set it up: Cookiebot integration | Piwik PRO help center

1 Like