Number of apps per http request

Hello Piwik pro Community,

Is there a way to create multiple apps using only one http request ? if so how many ? are there any limitations ?

Thank you for your support

Hi @nisrine,
you can set up one app with one API call.
When it comes to the limits - there is a limit of 10 apps for Core account.
Tymek

Thank you for your reply .
Speaking of limits; I have another question regarding custom dimensions:
On piwikpro official documentation about core version Vs entreprise version there is no mention to the limits of NUMBER of custom dimenonsion allowed in each application … should I assume it’s unlimited ? if not could you provide the exacte limitation ? also is there a limit of number of custom dimension per Http request for creating cds?

HI @nisrine
In general there is only few limits in Core accounts that you won’t have in Enterprise plan.
Answering your question - you can have up to 200 Custom dimensions session-wise and up to 200 event-wise per an app. Please remember that you can’t delete any Custom Dimension. For more details see the article: Create a custom dimension | Piwik PRO help center

When it comes to creating CD through an API call - you won’t be able to create multiple CDs in a single call. Just to be sure you’re fully equipped with the documentation - please find the article in our Developers portal:

Tymek

Thank you :slight_smile:
To make sure I fully understand , giving that I can create only a single custom dimension per API Call , if I need to create 10 custom dimensions in 90 piwik pro apps , i have to make 900 API calls right ? Is there any API calls quota i should be aware of ?

@TymekGF if you can provide an anwsers to the two questions: “can create only a single custom dimension per API Call , if I need to create 10 custom dimensions in 90 piwik pro apps , i have to make 900 API calls right ?”" Is there any API calls quota i should be aware of ?" i would be very interrested. Thanks in advance and wish you a lovely day; Kind regregards,
SĂ©bastien

1 Like

Hi @nisrine, @spujade
we will handle up to 150 requests in a 10s window from one IP address, but please also consider that querying for an app with more than 120 requests per minute will exceed the limit.
Tymek

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @TymekGF for the answers & information.

Wish you a pleasant day.
Kind regards,
SĂ©bastien

1 Like