Piwik PRO & Matomo in parallel: no debug

Hello,

One of our clients wanted to test out Piwik PRO while keeping Matomo. I followed the instructions given here: Can I use Piwik PRO and Matomo at the same time? | Piwik PRO help center. I went for the first option.

The implementation seems fine: both solutions get data, and we’re not having the console error “Matomo javascript tracker or Piwik PRO javascript tracker was already initiated on this page”.

However, the Piwik PRO debug is not showing up when called (via “?stg_debug” parameter). Is there a possible conflict between the two solutions that would prevent the debug from appearing?

Thank you!

P.-S.: I’ll share the website link if needed but in private. :slight_smile:

Hi,
From this article: Can I use Piwik PRO and Matomo at the same time? | Piwik PRO help center

Note: If you get an error saying “Matomo javascript tracker or Piwik PRO javascript tracker was already initiated on this page,” it’s very likely that you haven’t deactivated this tag and now you have two Piwik PRO scripts running.

Could you please double check if there are no two Piwik PRO scripts on your page? If not then you could share the URL with me.

Hello Adam,

I’m not getting this console error though, as mentioned. :slight_smile: I indeed noticed in your article that if we had it, it would have meant that the integration was done wrong. It’s not the case here.

I’ll send you the link via message.

Thank you

Oh, that’s true. Sorry for that, I apparently missed the “not having the issue” part.