Power BI Service Refresh Failure

We are testing the Power BI service connector and refreshes are failing frequently with the following error:

Data source error: {“error”:{“code”:“DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidMashupConnectionString”,“pbi.error”:{“code”:“DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidMashupConnectionString”,“parameters”:{},“details”:,“exceptionCulprit”:1}}} Table: Queries Sources.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Hi @eric.kieft,

our engineers looked into this and we think the problem lies on the side of the Power BI gateway itself.

Please, as a first step update the gateway to the latest version. If this doesn’t help, we advise you to reach out to Microsoft support: Microsoft Fabric — stan i pomoc techniczna | Microsoft Fabric

I hope this helps!

Update:

I’ve tested a little bit more and it seems to happen mostly (though not every time) when there’s a dynamic, calculated date as part of the query.

Is this type of parameterization supported? Or is there another way to implement this?

This was the original query as generated by the connector:

Both queries refresh successfully in Power BI desktop, but in the Power BI service, the top one mostly returns an error on refresh.