Track goals and custom events with GTM tag template

I understand that you are primarily focusing on your own Tag Management tool, but for those of us, who wishes to keep using GTM, it would be AWESOME if you could update your tag template in the GTM Community Template Gallery, so it would be possible to track custom events, goals, ecommerce etc without having to use customHTML tags with javascript code… :pray:

I really hope you´ll prioritize this :nerd_face:

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback. We will create a feature request and eventually develop these templates and add more tracking methods.

1 Like

Hi,

probably will use some time on the weekend to update GitHub - mbaersch/piwikpro-template-for-gtm: Piwik PRO Analytics template for Google Tag Manager for e-commerce V2 and some other stuff like setting dimensions with config or specific events, but maybe the current version already helps you with tagging.

best,
Markus

1 Like

Wow… that is very cool :clap:

Thanks a lot @mbaersch for providing this tag template.

And the upcoming updates to your template sounds really awesome! :nerd_face:

1 Like

I managed to add Custom Dimensions globals and on hit level just an hour ago (needed that myself anyway).

Updating e-commerce will need a minimum of testing, so it will take a while until I find the time.

1 Like

Thanks again… this is very helpful for me :ok_hand:

1 Like