Whatsapp tracking campaign

Hi all,

I’d like to create a automated Whatsapp campaign through chatbot. My customers will rceive automated messages with marketing purposes. If they click on “I’m interested” they will get a URL with UTM to land on the promotions. I’d like to use a URL shortner as well. what I need to understand is what I have to do to track what happens after they click on the url in Piwik. Do I have to create a new channel? I want to track visits, orders, revenues. Thank you

Hi!

First of all, you of course need to set up tracking on the website that the users will be redirected to.

You should also make sure that the UTM parameters are set up correctly - they will be tracked by Piwik PRO by default. If you want to use custom campaign parameters, make sure to add them in the site’s settings, here is a guide on how to do that: How can I customize Piwik PRO campaign parameters? | Piwik PRO help center.

Visits, orders and revenues will be also tracked by default. You can see them in the built-in reports in Analytics :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.