I’m in the following situation:
- One commercial website, monsite
- One subdomain for mobile clients, mobile.monsite
- One subdomain for desktop clients, web.monsite
- One commercial landing page, mylanding
I want to track all the website above in Piwik PRO (cross-domain)
Furthermore, I need to know the user behavior between the website.
I want to manage the user consent through Piwik for all website at the same place (cross-domain).
But, I want to be able to know on which website they are exactly.
My approach is:
- Create one site in Piwik PRO to track all of them
- Display the URL in the report like in UA: is it possible in Piwik PRO?
What do you think?
I thought to create one site per website in Piwik Pro, but I don’t think there is a roll-up property like in UA360?
If we go for my approach:
- In Basic info > Site or app address: should I add all subdomains and extra domains?
- Btw, the time zone doesn’t look correct, I’m in UTC+2, but to display the right hour, I need to select UTC+1: normal?
- Do I have to check “cross-domain” tracking somewhere?
- Any specific recommendation?
Many thanks for your help
I add that before “monsite” you should add www.
and after “.com”
But because it is my first post, I can’t add too much URL^^ (security reason)
Hi. Your setup should work fine. To assure better data quality, I’d suggest changing the cookie domain to
*.monosite. Check also this article: How can I recognize a visitor across subdomains? | Piwik PRO help center
To have a convenient reporting, I suggest adding an additional custom dimension to your events that would contain the information about domain which triggered them. As for page views alone, you can extract the data from the page url dimension:
As for the timezone, we don’t recommend using UTC+X, since it does not take daylight saving time into account. Please pick some other European city instead, like
To have a convenient reporting, I suggest adding an additional custom dimension to your events that would contain the information about domain which triggered them. As for page views alone, you can extract the data from the page url dimension
Page URL dimension is not only for page views. Any event type has the URL under which it was tracked. There’s no need to use a custom dimension, extraction should do the job for all events.