Can Piwik Pro consent manager prevent external cookies from being placed into the users browser before consent is accepted?

I understand that piwik pro consent manager has the ability to control the placement and tracking of piwik pro’s own cookies via the consent manager, however can it stop any other cookies from external sources being placed into the users browser if the user does not consent?

I know that this is possible with a few other 3rd party CMP’s that scan your website’s use of cookies and restricts them based on the user’s consent choice, however I can’t seem to find a solid answer as to whether this can this be done soley with piwik pro?

Thanks,
Tom

The short answer is - yes. We don’t fire tags at all when there’s no consent. To make it work like that, you have to make sure that the mentioned 3rd party tools are installed via our Tag manager.

1 Like

Tom, you can also use our consent manager’s API to “hide” part of the content behind consent.

Here’s a good example of what I’m talking about: How can I block embedded videos, maps and other iframes on my site for visitors who didn't give consent? | Piwik PRO help center