Create a few users with same email across instances

Q here, did try to add/invite a user that already has a piwik account and got this error message:

User with this email already exists

So only e-mail addresses that are not having a piwik account can be added?

It’s a limitation that we plan to remove in the near future. For now I can recommend using aliases. Most e-mail providers are supporting name+aliasname@example.org

1 Like

Is there any news on this? I work at an agency, where we help a few different customers with Piwik, however this is a major problem as our emails can only be added to 1 account at a time :slight_smile:

hi @Simon_Ostergaard,
the good news is that the fix is underway, but it will take a few weeks to complete work (it’s a part of a more significant project).
I will keep you posted when it’s published. The plan is to deliver it early next year.
Tymek

2 Likes

Hi @Simon_Ostergaard,
Sorry for getting back to you that late. Our initial concept for the fix we planned to release appeared to be a much wider exercise than we initially identified and the work is still ongoing. Considering the initiatives we have and the necessity of deep testing for the solution I plan to launch the new solution (which also covers the feature you requested) this summer.
I will keep you posted with more details when I got a more specific timeline.
Tymek

1 Like

Hi Tymon,

is there an update for this? We’re switching multiple accounts from GA3 to Piwik and the email issue is starting to get annoying.

Hi @l.k.bgp
yes, the roll out plan will be as of week 32, we will roll it our gradually across our data centres. This version will solve the issue and introduce quite a few improvements and features.
Tymek

@l.k.bgp the solution is in place. You can now use this same email in multiple accounts.
I also encourage to turn on 2FA for the account which is now available in your Administration’s Settings.
Tymek

1 Like