Custom Consent not showing after Refresh

Hi,
we are using the Custom Consent from this page: Piwik PRO - Custom consent form example | Custom consent form example for Piwik PRO Consent Manager

When the page is first opened, the Consent banner appears as intended. After reloading or navigating to another page, the banner does not appear, although no Consent selection has been made.

We know that we can make a manual call via a button with a special ID.

Can the custom consent be configured so that the banner is always displayed as long as no consent decision has been made? Or can the reminder banner be used with the custom consent? I haven’t found anything about this in the documentation.

Many thanks for help

Hi @Fabian,

Can you please send me the website where this can be tested in a private message?

Have a great day! :slight_smile:

Hey @Oliwer_Kaczmarek & @anthonybartczak could you help me on this?

Hi @Fabian,

This behaviour is expected in the custom consent form examples.
The logic for the consent form being shown when there is no decision needs to be implemented on your side. You can use the CM API to check the current state - Commands — Piwik PRO Analytics Suite 18.12 documentation
For example, you could use the getComplianceSettings method to check if there is a -1 status and if there is, it means that there has been no decision made. You could close the form when the status returned from this method is not -1. Please keep in mind that when the user clicks on the ‘X’ in the right corner it will show the banner again on the next page. In order to show some kind of a custom reminder when the user presses the ‘X’ I presume you’d need to create either a cookie or store the value in some local storage for example which would allow you to check if the consent form was closed or not.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great day! :slight_smile: