Datastudio missing metrics and not working with filters

Hi all, could someone shed some light on the below issues:

1. Average session time - this seems to be missing in DataStudio as not available in metrics. Dividing session time / sessions gives close enough result if no filters are used, but if you filter a DataStudio page with e.g. contains /blog/, it does not work.

2. Average time on page - missing too and cant calculate.

3. Source or default channel grouping pies work fine without a filter, but if you use a page filter like “only pages with /blog/” you can not create channel pies as it duplicates the source (per sessions?):
    pie

4. Nor does it seem to work when choosing e.g. default channel to table and wanting their average session duration to see which channel works best.

Please help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @Kirsi,

We will check all 4 cases and get back to you with more information.

We reviewed everything and most of the issues come from the fact that the whole process works in two steps: first, Data Studio gets all of the values from Piwik PRO Analytics and then, it does its own processing, which doesn’t always produce the right results.

We want to improve that and we will also look into introducing metrics with averages. We are planning to release an update to the connector, which should be ready next month. Stay tuned for further updates.

Hi, I just read this topic since I am facing the same issues: inaccurate data on average session timing coming from Piwik Pro in Datastudio. First screenshot is datastudio - session time calculated in seconds as average - second screenshot is piwik pro data showing another average session time

@Online_M-A our connector provides a separate metric with this transformation applied out of the box - it’s “Average session time”.

Hi Piotr,

thanks for your reply, but I can’t see/find this metric in our Piwik data source in Datastudio? Why is it not visible or accessible? See the screenshots below showing where I search for the metric in the Piwik data source but it’s not showing as it does in your screen. Do I miss anything here? We work in the core plan by the way.
Schermafbeelding 2023-02-06 om 11.13.01

Kind regards
Sacha