How to connect Piwik Pro with Power BI for reporting

Hi

Can anyone please help how to connect piwik pro with power BI

Regards & Thanks
Mohan

Hello @MohanVemulakonda,

There are a couple of ways to do that. We have an integration with Power BI Desktop: Microsoft Power BI Desktop integration (beta) | Piwik PRO help center. It’s currently in beta, but we’re working on an update.

You can also load .csv files with report data exported from our Analytics. Here’s how to do it: Export a report | Piwik PRO help center.

If you’re using an Enterprise account, we also have an option of data exports to Azure Blob storage, which can be easily connected in Power BI. Keep in mind that this option is not available on Piwik PRO Core.

Hello Poitrek

Thanks a lot for coming back on my query!

Is the below error because of the update in the integration
Regards
Mohan

Does it show up in the initial connection?
In general, yes, we’re planning to fix errors like that in the upcoming update and greatly improve the usability of the connector.

Hi
Yes, this shows up in the initial connection and still, the problem persists
can you please suggest how to get this sorted

1 Like

Hi
Coming back to this topic again, can we use connector to connect with Power BI now as earlier I was informed that error are being fixed

1 Like

I am getting the same error message when trying to connect via the PowerBI connector.

Is there going a fix to the beta connector?

Would be really useful!

Thanks

Hello @Robert_Clements,

I have great news - we have just released a brand new version of the connector: Microsoft Power BI Desktop integration | Piwik PRO help center It also allows for utilizing the connector in Power BI service: Microsoft Power BI service integration | Piwik PRO help center

We’ve rebuilt the connector from scratch. As a result, you can experience significant performance improvements, dynamic column list retrieval, better error handling, and support for data refresh.

We’ll be looking forward to users’ opinions on the new version so feel free to comment after trying it out!

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @Emilia, I would like to share 2 issues I currently see with the newest verions of the connector (1.0.0 beta):

1. When using the Reporting API option, there is no date to select as dimension. This is a much needed dimension :slight_smile:
  2. When using the Raw Data API option, a date is always included, but there is an error

Hi @Martin_Frotzler! Thanks a lot for reporting those issues. The 2nd one is already resolved in the newest version - it was supposed to be released today. However, the 1st thing you’ve mentioned has just been checked by our devs and we already see the reason for the Date dimension not showing up in the selector. We’re working on a fix and aiming to release it as soon as possible. Stay tuned!

Hello @Martin_Frotzler, here’s a new version of the connector with the requested fixes:

Power BI Connector

Please, bear in mind that the column is not named ‘Date’, it’s ‘Timestamp’, according to this list: Columns — Piwik PRO Analytics Suite 17.6 documentation

Hi @Emilia, Thank you for that ultra fast fixes! Much appreciated!

Hi @Emilia ,

On this page you mention that:

We plan to release a built-in integration for Microsoft Power BI service soon.

Does this mean that you are working on having Piwik PRO as a built-in 3rd party data source for Power BI service, like is the case for Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics?

As an agency, we would like to be able to build Power BI reports using Piwik PRO data for our clients, and have these reports automatically refresh on their own Power BI tenant. The current Piwik PRO integration requires an on-premises data gateway, which is really a no go for most of our clients.

1 Like

Any status on this reply?