How to trigger both google universal analytics events and piwik pro events at the same time?

Hello the Piwik Pro,
I’m facing the following issue.
On a website we’re using Piwik Pro and google universal analytics at the same time.
I would like to trigger not only pageviews but also events to Piwik Pro (using Tealium) but until now, i’ve facing issue because instead of sending events to Piwik Pero i’ve got only events sent to GA3.

Can you please help to fix it ? And also, what should i be aware of using both tools at the same time (code interferrence or something else) please?
Thanks for your help.
Good evening,
Sébastien

1 Like

If you are using Tealium TMS then to send custom events to Piwik PRO you need to use our JS tracking API:
_paq.push(["trackEvent", {{ Event Category }}, {{ Event Action }}, {{ Event Name }}, {{ Event Value }}])
For example someone just watched a 75% of the YT video on your site:
_paq.push(["trackEvent", "Video - Youtube", "Progress", "How to set up a dashboard in Piwik PRO", 75])

Here is our documentation on Custom Events Guides — Piwik PRO Analytics Suite 17.0 documentation

When it comes to code interferrence the issue that sometimes happens is GA dataLayer overriding Piwik PRO dataLayer instead of using the same dataLayer.

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Oliwer_Kaczmarek i will share with the tealium Tealium team.
Wish you a lovely day
Sébastien