Looker Studio Connector - known issues and ETAs

Hello! I’m pleased to share that we have released a new Looker Studio connector version 1.3.0. Here’s a list of changes we’ve added this time:

• Improved the data and charts loading performance
  • Added API token caching to reduce the number of token requests
  • Added support for specific goal metrics (instead of filtering out a specific goal while looking for example at the 'Goal conversion rate’ metric, you should choose a metric 'XYZ goal conversion rate’)
  • Added support for ‘Unique count of’, ‘Min’, ‘Max’, ‘Average’, ‘Sum of’ and ‘Median’ transformations for all eligible columns
  • Improved calculations of some aggregations for scorecards (they’re now less prone to user errors)
  • Increased the current limit of 100,000 returned rows to a 1,000,000 returned rows (Looker Studio limitation - Community Connector API Reference  |  Community Connectors  |  Google for Developers)
  • Added support for RegExp Contains (RegExp partial match) and RegExp Match (RegExp exact match) filters (Note - Those filters are not supported for enum type columns (like Country, City etc.))
  • Fixed filtering for transformed fields (e.g. Page Path).

You should also be informed that we are actively working on bringing the connector to a state where all Google’s requirements would be met and we could publish it as an official connector in the Looker Studio Gallery. This would allow for more smooth updates. Now, you should still remember to follow this instruction for each of your dashboards if you want to start using the new version of our connector.

I would also like to emphasize that Looker Studio users should be aware that in complex dashboards there might occur errors caused by exceeding the limitation put on Looker Studio by Google. The limitation is for simultaneous request executions per user and we have no influence on that limit. As a solution, Google provided the following recommendations:
image.png

I hope you’re going to enjoy the new features. We would appreciate your feedback and suggestions for further improvements :blush:

Thank you very much!

2 Likes