I’m a Product Manager at Piwik PRO, now responsible for the maintenance and development of the Looker Studio Connector for Piwik PRO Analytics. In order to meet our client’s needs and expectations, we’ve just launched a project that aims to greatly improve the quality and usability of the Looker Studio data connector. To ensure access to information, transparency and to make our lives easier, I’d like to publicly share a list of known issues connected with Looker Studio, along with their statuses. I’ll be posting updates, adding estimated times of delivery when we set one. Thank you very much for all your patience and understanding!
- Google Ads - Using Google Ads metrics/dimensions crashes connector (mid-November 2023)
(Related posts: No Google Ads Campaign ID in Looker Studio / other Google Ads data breaks as soon as it is filtered)
- Average page views in session shows wrong numbers (mid-November 2023) (Average page views in session does not work in Looker Studio)
- Conversion rates on scorecards show wrong numbers (mid-November 2023) (Conversion rate issue in Looker Studio)
- Sum of product quantity, sum of product revenue show different numbers in LS and PPAS (mid-November 2023) (Sum of Product Revenue and quantity not the same in Looker Studio - #6 by joao
- IN_LIST filter operator should handle exclusions (mid-November 2023)
- Dashboards for Meta Sites show slightly wrong numbers (investigation pending, ETA unknown).
In the queue:
- Pie charts show wrong numbers/Limiting the number of slices by filtering breaks the charts (Device type data shows "other" on Data Studio chart)
- Using the “Country” dimension with pie charts causes issues (Chart is adding total as a value - #5 by dave)
- Date/timestamp handling - improve/extend options (Piwik & Looker Studio - Breakdown per month - #2 by Ralf)
- Breakdown dimensions break the connector
- Transformations/aggregations - extend the number of available options, document limitations
- Filtering by City name and Region name
- Issue with filtering by Website name in Meta sites
- Better error handling, client-side validation of the request (before actual execution)
- New end-user documentation
- Partial RegEXP matches - (Looker studio REGEXP issue, Looker Studio Connector: Regexp Matches don't work - #10)
Waiting for changes in the product:
- Add the connector to the official Google Gallery and make updates smooth and easy (Q1 2024) (Change of authentication method required)
Known facts that are not bugs:
- All metrics and dimensions appear as green fields in the Looker Studio connector for Piwik PRO - Google changed the way they treat data sources like Piwik PRO, and now lists both metrics and dimensions as “green” fields, which were previously reserved only for dimensions.
After dropping any metric listed as a green field into the “Metrics” definitions, it will change the color to blue and become a proper metric.