Blocking Triggers

It would be great to define - like in GTM - blocking triggers.

One use case I am missing it very hard is consent management via external consent management solutions. External consent tools deliver users consents often into the dataLayer (i.e. CookieFirst, Onetrust or Borlabs). Now, with a blocking trocker one would be able to check if a consent for i.e. Piwik Analytics or Facebook Tag is available and if not block the tag from loading. Without blocking triggers it is so hard, because there need to be the same triggers multiple times for each different tag (i.e. one for Piwik Analytics, one for Facebook). With blocking triggers, this could be simplified alot.

2 Likes

Hi,
Thank you for that. We are going to create a future request based on the use case that you mentioned.

@asinior great, thank you very much!

Another upvote for this feature. As @thomasgerstmann pointed out, creating any kind of logic that is not directly connected to Piwik PRO CMP is a daunting procedure and leads to a massive amount of duplicated tags, triggers etc. If you require a complex setup then the tag management structure quickly becomes way too complicated. Implementation of “blocking tags” would streamline work process and minimize tag / trigger duplication.

1 Like