Options in consent form

How come it’s only “analytics” that shows as an option on the front-end side of the consent form/ cookie banner? How can I change that?

Hi @Michelle_Groenning,

Our consent banner shows the consents that are currently in use under the tag consent settings in the Tag Manager. To see additional consents, select options other than analytics.

Thank you very much!
I have another question:

Is it possible for visitors to change their consent once they have accepted their consent options? Can you add an icon in the left corner of the screen?

Furthermore, can you make a “Necessary”-option that’s always on (meaning visitors can’t change the option)?

Sure, please navigate to Menu => Consent manager => Forms => Privacy policy and there you’ll find Privacy settings on your page. You can edit the design of this form and use code snippet to placed it as a banner on your website. Usually, it’s placed in the Privacy policy subpage.

Regarding necessary option, without custom JavaScript and modifying banner behavior it’s not possible now

Thank you for your fast reply.

Do you have any examples of custom Javascript in your documents or so?

Other questions:

1. It is possible to change/add/delete any information to the cookie banner that pops up once it’s integrated with the website? I’ve made some changes, however, I want to add an extra button, links in the plain text area, and possibly extra tabs to the cookie banner - is that possible?

2. Also, I’m not too familiar with setting cookie banners up and therefore wondering why the original English text doesn’t refer to a cookie policy (only the privacy policy).

3. Furthermore, I’m a bit confused as to what is it Piwik Pro in Core tracks exactly. I get that it is analytics/stats but does it collect for marketing purposes, functional cookies, and unclassified cookies too? Does Piwik Pro fit into these categories as well? Also, how come there isn’t an option that states “Necessary”?

Hi Michelle,

Here is link to our documentation for Consent manager: Consent Manager — Piwik PRO Analytics Suite 18.2 documentation

But in terms of your specific case, you can try to manipulate styles of Consent manager itself.

1. You can edit most of parts related to the Consent banner. If you something cannot be done from the edit mode or you would like to edit it dynamically, then you should use JavaScript. You can do it directly from the source code or use Custom JS tag in Tag manager.

2. This is how usually Consents works. If you would like to change the link you can do it in edit mode.

3. Here is link describing what data Piwik PRO collects: What data does Piwik PRO collect? | Piwik PRO help center
    Regarding rest of the consent types, you determine what should be done (in Tag manager) if user consent to specific consent. By default we collect only Analytics data