Running into an Odd Problem with the new Looker Connector 1.3.1

Hello,

I’m running into an issue that I did not experience with prior version of the Looker data connector.

I created my first data connector for 1.3.1 without issue. However, when I try to create another connection for another Piwik Pro instance, Looker is only showing me the option to connect to the instance that I connected to yesterday.

It seems that your new connector is somehow linked to the email address that I use for all Google products.

I’ve got more than 10 instances of PP running for different clients and I used a unique email address for each of them. “name@gmail.com” is my single email address for all Google products and “name+instance@gmail.com” for each instance.

Is there a way around this? I’m wondering if the easiest way around this is to use my single Gmail address for all instances but don’t want to spend time doing if it won’t solve the issue with Looker.

Hi @David_Culbertson,

We have already identified this issue (or perhaps behaviour would be a better word) last week and we’ll be working on bringing back support for having multiple instances of Piwik PRO in a single dashboard. This is due to the fact that the verified connector oAuth seems to be indeed linked directly to the Google account, even though we use a different authentication method in the product and we don’t request any Google account data in the connector itself.

As unfortunate as it sounds, I’d say that using the unverified version would be the best way to deal with this case until we release a fix. FYI - this issue and the one related to metrics aggregation are currently sitting at the very top of the priority list for the LS connector.

Hi @anthonybartczak,

Thanks for the information. Makes sense. Right now, it seems to me that it’s emulating the same sort of login behavior that Google Analytics has - that is, one email for multiple instances of GA.

I will wait to update the rest of my client reports until you notify the community of the fix.

P.S. - For the one client that I did do the connector migration for, the process was almost flawless, only one field change in two charts. And no problem with blended data!