Debugger in Chrome Extension shows white screen / JavaScript error in Devtools

The rest of the Chrome extension works fine, but when I select the Debugger I get a white screen. This error is in DevTools. Our ecomm sales are wildly inflated and am trying to work out why. We’re using Shopify.

react-dom.production.min.js:209 TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'slice')
    at DebuggerTimeline.n.prepareWrappedPings (DebuggerTimeline.tsx:76:49)
    at new DebuggerTimeline (DebuggerTimeline.tsx:41:37)
    at Lg (react-dom.production.min.js:134:171)
    at fi (react-dom.production.min.js:176:149)
    at Rj (react-dom.production.min.js:263:490)
    at Qj (react-dom.production.min.js:246:265)
    at Kj (react-dom.production.min.js:246:194)
    at yj (react-dom.production.min.js:239:172)
    at react-dom.production.min.js:123:115

Screenshot here: Dropbox - Piwik_Debugger.png - Simplify your life

Hi!

The issue you are experiencing has already been brought to our attention and is in plans to be fixed.

This error is present in some particular use cases. Usually when the tracker is not allowed to create a cookie right away, but backend has permission to use a session ID (fingerprint). It should disappear after the first consent is given and the first session ends (by default after 30 minutes).

If you’re experiencing it on a testing site, you could either allow cookie creation right away or block the use of session ID to avoid this problem.

Let me know if any of these solutions worked for you :slight_smile:

Hi Sara – we are not requiring consent (U.S.-based) so I don’t have a 30 minute cookie option. We are using a session ID and visitor cookies.

The settings in this account are identical to another account I’m using (that one is Wordpress) and debugging works fine.

Thank you!